Item of the Week is Cabbage, this item comes from the Dagele Brothers Produce - Florida, NY. We know Cabbage isn't always a fan favorite in the farmshare but is a great and versatile vegetable to be used.
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 green apples, cored and thinly sliced (Our Corbin Hill apples will do)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 small handful fresh mint or parsley leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (spicy brown mustard can be used)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon spike seasoning
- Pinch of sea salt to taste
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds or cranberries can be added for topping (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the cabbage, onion, carrots and mint or parsley leaves. In a separate bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, oil, lemon juice and salt.
2. Pour the liquid into the mixing bowl, then combine by hands. Taste and add salt if needed. Mix in 2/3 of the apples and gently toss.
3. Scatter the remaining apples on top and serve. Enjoy!