This week’s item of the week is Sweet Potatoes from Holly Creek Farms, Branchville, SC. This recipe is for a Sweet Potato Hummus.
● 1 large sweet potato, cubed
● 2 cups cooked chickpeas (canned or fresh)
● 4 Tablespoons tahini
● 2 Tablespoons olive oil (you may need more if the hummus comes out thick)
● 2 garlic cloves, minced
● Juice from 1/2 a lemon
● 1 Tablespoon cumin
● 1 teaspoon sriracha
● Salt/Pepper to taste
In 3 Easy Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the sweet potatoes on the middle oven rack or in a baking dish for 45 minutes to an hour. They should yield to a gentle squeeze when they’re done baking.
2. While the sweet potatoes are cooling, toss all of the other ingredients into a blender/bullet or food processor if you have it. Once the sweet potatoes have cooled enough to handle, use a knife or your fingers to peel the skin off of them. Add the sweet potatoes to the food processor.
3. Blend well, and serve chips or veggies.