This week’s item is rainbow carrots! Rainbow carrots are a pretty normal veggie outside of the United States. Within the United States, they are a novelty because orange carrots are the typical standard. This week’s delicious rainbow carrots come from Pete’s Greens Farm in Vermont
Active time: 5 min. Total time: 20 min
- 3 bunches rainbow carrots
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, parsley or dill or 2 teaspoons dried, plus more for garnish
- Toss 3 bunches baby rainbow carrots, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt on a baking sheet; arrange in a single layer.
- Roast at 450 degrees F, turning once, until tender and slightly browned, 15 minutes.
- Add butter to carrots. Sprinkle with additional salt (if needed) and chopped chives, parsley, or dill.