Green Garlic Frittata
Green garlic is younger garlic that is collected before the cloves have started to mature. The veggie looks like a scallion, having a deep green stalk along with a pale white bulb. Aside from providing an extra flavor layer to your dish, green garlic can help boost immune system health as well as fight off gastro-intestinal infections!
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 cup of green garlic, chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups of baby spinach, chopped (Don’t have any spinach? Use whatever leafy green you have on hand: chard, kale, and collards make great alternatives.
8-10 large free range eggs, beaten
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. In a small 10-inch ovenproof frypan, sautè the garlic in olive oil over medium heat
3. In the same pan, add the cherry tomatoes and spinach and stir until mixed through.
4. Next, pour in the beaten eggs, and pat down any spinach which may be sticking out the top.
5. Pop in the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through and golden on top.
Serve with a side of garden salad and fresh fruit.
You won't be disappointed. Don't forget to let us know how you liked the recipe by tagging us on social media or shooting us an email!