Cauliflower Fritters with Nectarine Chutney
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets and steamed (5minutes)
½ cup parmesan cheese
½ cup plain breadcrumb
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, or any other herb, finely chopped
2 teaspoons garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon vegetable oil - olive oil, canola oil - to fry
1. Crush steamed cauliflower, with a fork until this resembles rice.
2. Add parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, fresh herbs, garlic powder, salt and mix well.
3. Combine until it forms a fritter batter that holds together.
4. Use your hands to shape small fritters - you should make about 16 medium fritters with this recipe.
5. In a heated frying pan add oil in a small amount, add fritters and let cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
Remove and let drain on absorbent paper. Serve with chutney!
Recipe for Nectarine chutney (Make ahead of time and store in the refrigerator)
3 fresh nectarine
1 onion, chopped
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup golden raisins
4 tablespoons cider vinegar
½ teaspoon ground allspice
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then lower heat and stir often until everything has softened and is tender. The mixture should look a bit chunky.