Salad with Peaches, Corn, and Basil-Honey Vinaigrette
For the salad
1 large bunch of kale (or your favorite green), stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
large pinch of salt
3 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
3 ears of corn kernels
4 oz honey cheddar goat cheese or other goat cheese
1 loaf ciabatta bread, cubed4 tbsp parmesan cheese
For the dressing
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp whole grain mustard
1 tsp honey
4 basil leaves, minced
salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale with a tablespoon of olive oil and salt. Massage until kale volume reduces by half and kale turns a dark green.
- Toss the kale with the peaches, corn kernels, and cheese.
- Arrange the bread cubes on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey, and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with the salad.
- Serve the salad topped with the parmesan croutons.
Cook time: 20 mins
Recipe adapted from: Let Them Eat Kale!: Simple and Delicious Recipes for Everyone's Favorite Superfood