Thank You for a Great Farm Share Season
Thank you for a fantastic winter/spring Farm Share season! After distribution this week, most of our sites will be taking a short, three-week break as we transition between seasons.*
We've got some exciting things in store for you as we launch the summer season so here are a few things to get excited about:
- Summer Farm Share registration open on Monday, May 21.
- First Summer distribution will take place the week of June 11*!
- Make sure to sign up by the week of June 4 to guarantee pick-up!
- We will be launching a new system to manage your Farm Share account called Local Food Marketplace. Keep an eye out for an email on Monday, May 21 with all the sign-up details!
- We're launching a new Social Impact Farm Share model that will make it possible for us to offer a lower priced share for EBT/SNAP users! Interested in participating? Learn more here!
- New offerings are coming your way including a bi-weekly cheese and organic, dried bean share!
- Also, new LOWER prices for popular add-ons like yogurt and juice!
- New Corbin Hill website launching later this month!
As we wrap up this season and transition into summer, we would like to share what we have accomplished together as a Corbin Hill Community. This season:
- Our Farm Share program grew by 231% compared to the winter/spring 2016-2017 season.
- We had 21 sites across Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Queens. Seven of these sites were new!
- 1,065 awesome people participated in the Farm Share program!
- High-five to Brooklyn College for having the largest site with 152 Shareholders!
- More than 57,000 lbs of fresh produce was distributed.
- 2,500 lbs of produce were donated to local pantries and soup kitchens.
It has been an amazing season, and it is because of your continued support that we are able to provide fresh food to communities throughout NYC. We have loved serving you this season, and we hope you join us for our Summer Farm Share. Sign up will be available next Monday, May 21st at noon.
We’d love to hear more about your experience this season. Please complete this Shareholder Survey by June 1, 2018. Your input is extremely valuable and will help us build future Farm Shares.
-The Corbin Hill Team
*Note that the following Farm Share sites will continue operating through the break - CPE2, Columbia Community Partnership for Health, Brooklyn College and Mount Sinai. You should have received a separate email with the details and dates. A few more sites may opt to continue distributing through the break. Keep your eyes peeled for an email with additional details or contact Corbin Hill.