Current Job Opportunities
+ Communications Internshhip
We are looking for an intern to assist us with customer service and communications. Duties of the Intern include internal and external communications with customers from the Farm Share program.
This is a new internship at the Corbin Hill Food Project. This person will be responsible for responding to customer emails, answering the phones, making adjustments to customer accounts, sending out daily pick-up reminders and developing a weekly newsletter. Additionally, the intern will assist with processing EBT vouchers and will provide some general administrative support that includes filing, ordering fliers and supplies. We are looking for someone that is comfortable using a variety of software systems, detail-oriented, a fast learner and takes initiative. Training will be provided, but it is essential that the person in this position understands Corbin Hill, our programs and how to maneuver within our Farm Share software system. The Corbin Hill Food Project is a small team and we are looking for someone that works hard and gets along with others.
- Act as the first line of communication
- Answer phone calls
- Respond to Farm Share email
- Manage Farm Share customer accounts through Local Food Marketplace
- Add holds to their account
- Process cancellation requests
- Add funds
- Add subscriptions
- Process payments
- Processes EBT vouchers that are sent via email and provided over the phone
- Provide general administrative support, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Maintaining Farm Share supply inventory
- Create weekly newsletter
- Write one news article and identify one recipe per week utilizing Corbin Hill Template in Photoshop and Mailchimp
- Update website with weekly newsletter and recipe
- Perform other duties as necessary and (or) assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND
Some experience working in customer service is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Must be comfortable answering questions and resolving issues over the phone while maintaining a cool, professional demeanor.
- Must be comfortable learning and navigating new software systems
- Familiarity with MailChimp and Squarespace is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office platform (i.e. Excel, Word) and Google platform (i.e. Google Drive, Google docs, sheets, etc.)
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Professional demeanor and ability to prioritize responsibilities and function effectively during stressful or busy periods
- Excellent organizational and information management with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes initiative, self-starter, and self-directed in conjunction as well as the ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
This is a 3 month temporary position with weekly hours of 20-30 hours per week. The hourly compensation is $18 / hour and includes a complimentary weekly Farm Share.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter addressing how your background makes you a good fit for this position. Applications are due by May 16, 2019. Please email your application in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Intern”.
+ Site Coordinator
Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are needed for this position, as well as the ability to self-start and work independently. As this position will involve the distribution of fresh produce, the ability to lift heavy boxes of 50 lbs is required.
Reporting to Farm Share Manager, the Site Coordinator will manage distribution at one or more of our Farm Share locations. During distribution, the Site Coordinator will act as the primary Corbin Hill representative to site Shareholders and should be comfortable talking about Corbin Hill and the Farm Share program. In addition to facilitating Farm Share distribution, Site Coordinators are responsible for recruiting new Shareholders at their site. This is a perfect position for those who are passionate about working in food systems and with communities.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the logistics of distributions — including set-up, break down, arranging and displaying produce and other products, and assisting Shareholders collect their items.
- Manage Shareholders’ account — using tablets provided by Corbin Hill, you will be able to have access to Local Food Marketplace software, collecting payments and recording information in an accurate manner.
- Reports - all the reports need to be done right after the distribution ends.
- Members Engagement — Create a warm and engaging community at site by building connections with Shareholders — including learning each Shareholder’s name and background, collecting information on their experiences, tastes and preferences (via conversation, surveys, etc.). Review weekly distribution list and offer recipes weekly to Shareholders.
- Community Engagement —Be knowledgeable about events in the surrounding community such as; festivals, flyering, local media and blogs, community board meetings, presentations, contact with like-minded organizations, etc. Act as liaison between Corbin Hill and site host organization.
- Outgoing, friendly, superb interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Comfortable managing difficult or frustrating situations with Shareholders.
- In community organizing and/or customer service industries.
- A STRONG interest local food systems, food justice, social justice, social entrepreneurship, health disparities, public health, and nutrition.
- Comfortable working independently in unstructured environments; able to multi-task and functions well under pressure
- Basic Spanish conversation skills strongly preferred; Cantonese, French and Bengali also a plus.
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Basic knowledge (or willingness to learn) about regional agricultural practices
- Being able to work in a different weather conditions (Hot and rainy days during the summer)
Site Coordinators will work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, or Saturdays to staff their Farm Share sites and do community outreach. There are also additional opportunities to do some additional neighborhood organizing/outreach events as they occur. Most Farm Share shifts are in the afternoon/evening; plan to allocate between 3-7 hours per week to staff a Farm Share.
How to Apply
Please apply by emailing a single pdf file to email@example.com with the subject line “Site Coordinator Application”. Please include a cover letter including the experiences that qualify you for this position and a resume.
+ Volunteer Opportunities
Farm Share Site Assistant: Please visit our Volunteer Match page for details and sign-up information.