About our shares: Every Corbin Hill Farmshare is built to be as diverse and balanced as possible; enabling you to make healthy meals! We always include a green, a fruit, and the occasional fun and "interesting" vegetable. Over the course of last summer our shareholders received the following (among many others): tomatoes, kale, corn, peppers, broccoli, bok choy, sweet potatoes, plums, peaches, grapes, and blueberries.
Full List of Summer 2017 Sites
- RiverSide Church (91 Claremont Avenue) 2:30pm - 7:00pm
- Food Bank Of New York (252 West 116th Street) 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Community League of the Heights (511 W 157th Street) 4:30pm - 7:30pm
- Community Healthcrae Network (94-98 Manhattane Ave) 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Brotherhood-SisterSol (512 W 143rd St) 3:30pm - 6:30pm
- Central Park East II (19 E 103rd St) 3:00pm - 6:30pm (Starts September)
- Bedstuy Early Childhood Development Center (260 Jefferson Ave) 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- Lehman College (250 Bedford Park Boulevard W) 2:30pm - 6:30pm
- Friends of Corbin Hill (32 W. 118th Street) 5:00pm - 7:30pm
- Caribbean House Health Center (1167 Nostrand Ave) 3:30pm - 5:30pm
- Trinity Lower East Side (602 East 9th Street) 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Agape's Bounty (8712 Glenwood Road) 9:30am - 12:00pm
Sites will be added and updated throughout the season.
Peppery, crispy mustard greens, also known as leaf mustards, are indeed one of the most nutritious green leafy vegetables available around in the winter months. Its lovely top greens, indeed, possess more vitamin-A, K, carotenes, and flavonoid antioxidants than some of the typical fruits and vegetables.
Swiss chard, also known as spinach-chard or silverbeet, is one of the favorite green leafy vegetables of European origin. Botanically, it belongs to the beet family (Chenopodiaceae) of plants which also includes table-beets, sugar-beets, garden-beets, etc. garden-beets, etc.
This weeks item of the week is Rainbow Carrots. Rainbow Carrots are a pretty normal veggie outside if the states but are seen as a novelty within the states as the use of plain orange carrots are the standard. The carrots this week come from Pete's Greens Farm in Vermont.
For this week our Item of the Week is Parsnips. These come from Tivoli,NY and are grown by Migliorelli Farm. Hope you Enjoy.
This week’s item of the week is Green Tomatoes from Whitworth Farm in Boynton Beach Farm in Florida. The recipe this week is for Green Tomato Po'Boys.
This week’s item of the week is Sweet Potatoes from Holly Creek Farms, Branchville, SC. This recipe is for a Sweet Potato Hummus.
Item of the Week is Cabbage, this item comes from the Dagele Brothers Produce - Florida, NY. We know Cabbage isn't always a fan favorite in the farmshare but is a great and versatile vegetable to be used.
This week we bring you a recipe for Eggplant. We know many people have issues when it comes to cooking this veggie. But we are here to let you know its a great and easy to cook item. This recipe comes from our community cook Roz over at our FBNY site.
November came so fast, and wether you have been planning your dinner for months, or just looked at your calendar and realized the date, it's never to early to start prepping for your Thanksgiving bird.